A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of organising a baby shower for one of my close friends. I LOVE planning events like this and I really had a ball. Read through to find what we did, how it was set up and download the games we played.
I got the invitations from Vistaprint. I used one of their pre-made designs. I also got the stickers to match! It was around $15 for a set of 20 invitations, stickers and envelopes. The first game was an ongoing one. Guests put a peg on their top on arrival and weren’t allowed to say the word baby or their pegs were removed! The person to catch the other out, got the peg! At the end of the baby shower, whoever had the most pegs won. I put Just Juice in the drink dispensers that I purchased from The Warehouse for $10 each. I sat them on top of an up cycled beer crate.
For the afternoon tea, we had savoury pizza scrolls, club sandwiches, chocolate truffles, lolly cake, fruit kebabs and the chocolate cake, which was made and decorated by me. I use those little glass milk bottles for all parties. They’re from Kmart and come in a pack of 6 for $5.
I had quite a few different game options up my sleeve for the baby shower. I created a few printable games which you can download here > Baby Shower Printable Games
In the PDF document you’ll find:
- Mum or Dad quiz – guests guess the answers to each question. Mum-to-be gives answers at the end.
- Guess the Family Quiz with answers – guess which famous siblings belong to which family
- Word Scramble with answers – decipher these baby terms
- Memory – My gift for the Mum-to-be was 21 small items. Her job (and everyone else’s) was to try remember them.
- Gift Bingo – Make gift unwrapping a little more exciting by having to guess what she’s going to get.
I printed a bunch of photos of the Mum and Dad to be. The guests were split into two teams who had to create a baby face by cutting and pasting certain features from each parents. Let’s hope the baby doesn’t look like either of these two creations!
It was a great baby shower and I definitely can’t wait to have newborn snuggles very soon!